Manager - Shop/Dessert Café - E2 7NS
Full Time Shop Manager - 5 Days A Week (45 hrs) - Hackney E2
£32,000 per annum.
Reporting to: Director/Head Chef
Treats Club is a busy, thriving donut business specialising in creating one-of-kind hot donuts + coffee! So, we’re looking for a hands on manager who loves to get involved in recipe testing, cooking donuts, making exceptional coffees and serving our wonderful customers with a smile everytime.
We want you to learn with us and grow within your role as the company expands and we want to give you a lot of opportunity to do this. So this is the perfect role for someone looking to diversify their experience, learn new skills and make impactful decisions. We're looking for someone who has previous experience in management or who is on the path to becoming a manager.
As the manager of our shop in Hackney, you will be leading our front of house staff, whilst always looking for creative opportunities to recipe test for our menu. We need you to represent our values and to lead by example and provide support for our team. We want you to build connections with our customers, manage the financials of your site and encourage the team to perform their best whilst teaching them new skills.
We want you to make the micro-bakery you’ll be managing feel like your own and we’ll give you the autonomy to do that ensuring you’re making the decisions.
Working at Treats Club you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment that needs a hands on inspiring leader with an exceptional eye for detail. You’ll be on hand to ensure every single donut and coffee we serve is to an exceptional standard at all times.
You’ll lead the team to create the BEST atmosphere in the space to ensure they are always inspired to give customers an amazing experience.
AS A MANAGER
• Lead, support, teach and manage a high performing team.
• Organise recipe development for specials and new products with your team.
•Completing the monthly ROTAs for the team.
•Ensuring the weekly stock order is placed and keeping on track of items going OOS before they do.
• Establish the highest level of hospitality by creating a warm, positive and clean atmosphere in the shop.
• Establish a good rapport with regular customers and encourage customers to return through fantastic service and our loyalty card scheme.
• Lead, inspire and motivate the team.
• Continue to look for ways to drive your shop’s financial performance.
• Work with your team on the shop floor, staying close to the day-to-day business. Appropriately scheduling your team and deploying them to ensure a smooth and efficient service at all times.
• Ensure opens and closes run smoothly, admin and issues are dealt with proactively, and the shop is always appropriately stocked with products and equipment.
• Encourage and create a vibrant, exciting and sociable place of work.
• Be driven by high standards and instil this same motivation within your team.
•Management/Supervisory experience within a food & beverage environment; which includes managing profit & loss, sourcing suppliers, procurement and food & beverage merchandising.
•A proven track record in people management, with the ability to network, recruit, train, develop and assess talent.
•Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
•Experience of working across different levels within an organisation. Having a passion for baking and all things patisserie. If you have a track record in baking/pastry this is a bonus.
Salary and Contract
Salary will be £32,000 a year.
You will be contracted to work 45 hours per week. Must be able to work Wednesday-Sunday.
28 paid holiday days.
Access to a range of learning and development programmes.
Opportunity for promotion and transfer across the sites as the company develops.
email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and the job your applying for in the subject line.
Interviews will commence on 24th April 2023.